Friday, December 17, 2010

New way to donate to the charity of YOUR choice

Hey, friends~

I recently joined a website that allows me to in essence create my own "Foundation" and give to the charity(ies) of my choice. GiveBack.org helps individuals to choose their favorite charities, and donate to them online. What's different from writing out a check directly, you might ask?

Well, one thing is is that not only can you donate directly, but you can harness your online purchases to "Give Back" to the organizations of your choice. In addition, everyone who signs up (At the time of this writing), has some "Seed money" in the amount of $5 to give right away... at no cost to yourself.

Oh, and 100% of the money goes directly to your organization(s), not to GiveBack.org, which is fully supported by sponsors. And those same sponsors choose organizations to give even more money to, so if you get involved, and become a vocal advocate, you could be responsible for even more money to advance the cause you are interested in.

Here's a good page to tell you how it works, in their words, which are more succinct than mine.

What I can tell you is who I have chosen to support in my foundation.
My first $5 dollars, that were waiting in my account went to Reece's Rainbow, an organization that promotes the international adoption and rescue of children with Down syndrome exclusively.

I have also added Shilys Promise Youth Ranch that helps troubled youth through work and therapy with horses. (Started and owned by a Five In A Row Homeschooling Alumni Family)

And at the moment the third organization that I would like to direct funds to is the Adoption Charity set up by Steven Curtis Chapman and his family, Shaohanna's Hope, Inc. Their mission is to come alongside families who are adopting and help reduce the financial barriers to adoption through adoption assistance grants.

There are so many deserving charities, and in my case, only a limited amount of funds, but this is one small way that my family and I can help to make a difference in someone else's life.

Here's a little more about GiveBack.org



Please, in this season of Giving, and remembering the birth of a homeless child, think about checking out GiveBack.org and setting up your own, personalized foundation to assist you in donating to the charity (large OR small) of your choice.

Blessings~

Addendum~ I was introduced to GiveBack.org by being a member of One2OneNetwork.com . One2OneNetwork is running a promotion to bloggers to get the word out about GiveBack.org. Since I think it is a great idea myself, I am happy to participate.

1 comments:

Twisted Cinderella said...

I hope you had a lovely Christmas! Happy New Years! Here’s to a fabulous new year!